Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Differences

What makes us tick?

What motivates us?

What makes us different from one another?

I watch the different members of my family from afar (sometimes, this is the best way to watch) and I always wonder what makes them so different than me?  Why am I so anti-social and my whole family is outgoing and love getting together with other people? 

It isn't that I don't like people...I really love people but not large quantities of them for long periods of time.  (Although, sometimes large groups means that you can sit on the sidelines and not have to interract so much.)  I mean, I like to say hi and catch up on their lives and then I like to receed back into my safe zone.  It isn't that I think they will do me harm by talking to me...it just isn't my comfort zone.  This is probably why I started this blog.  I  know my family...if I didn't have some way of constantly communicating with them about what was going on with my cancer, then they would require more face time than I had to give.

All I can say is that God made me just a little different than the rest of the world.  I excel at what I do at work but I probably suck as a family member.  (Ah well.)

Here is a little Max for today:

"What Love Doesn’t

By Max Lucado

“Love . . .  does not boast, it is not proud.”  I Corinthians 13:4 NIV

Jesus blasts the top birds of the church, those who roost at the top of the spiritual ladder and spread their plumes of robes, titles, jewelry, and choice seats. Jesus won’t stand for it. It’s easy to see why. How can I love others if my eyes are only on me? How can I point to God if I’m pointing at me? And, worse still, how can someone see God if I keep fanning my own tail feathers?

Jesus has no room for pecking orders."

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe,
    It doesn't matter to me if you don't feel real social and I understand where you are coming from. I do appreciate the fact that you have blogged with us so much and hopefully it has been beneficial to you as well. You have every right to be different. Lordy, Lordy! Just think what it would be like if everyone was the same. Nobody would be able to hear themselves think for the huge cacophony of sound. Loven' youns forever. Looking forward to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only error I see is that you have no idea what a good family member you are! :-) I'm glad you're different from me...makes our relationship more fun! Believe me, you're not alone in this family! I gave birth to 3 like you! You guys are fun to sit next to at events...those quiet comments are so fun to hear!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)