Monday, October 10, 2011

Holidays are Just Around the Corner

This weekend was very relaxing...

Friday we got off at 3:00 (as usual on the Friday that we work...we have every other Friday off...absolutely love the 9/80 schedule.) and went over to Lowe's and Home Depot to try to figure out what we are going to do with the concrete slab when we get the gazebo up.  It should come in this week.

We've set up our holiday schedule so we can venture to Texas to visit my Mom and Sister and her family for Christmas.  We plan on taking two days to get there instead of killing ourselves by traveling it in one day.  We still need to figure out what to do with Shadow (this is always the problem with us traveling).  I am hoping that our  neighbor isn't going anywhere while we are going and his son can make sure she has food and water again.  That worked out really well in July when we went up to Kentucky.

I keep dreaming that my cancer has returned.  One night I dreamed that all the people I love came to say goodbye to me.  We actually had a really good time laughing about stuff in the dream and I was ok with the dying thing.  (An interesting twist was that one night, all the family that I have that are already dead came to a party that I was having and we were all laughing about stuff too.  Even people that are still alive were at the party...very strange dreams...)  I am just guessing that there is some subliminal worry going on in my head because on the surface, I am not worried at all but the dreams tell me that I must still be stressing over it.  This is probably very natural. It's probably some side affect of the medication I am taking....HA!

Here is some Max for today:

"Remember Jesus

By Max Lucado

“Behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us.” Isaiah 25:9, NKJV

When people don’t listen, remember Jesus. When tears come, remember Jesus. When disappointment is your bed partner, remember Jesus. When fear pitches his tent in your front yard. When death looms, when anger simmers, when shame weighs heavily. Remember Jesus.

Remember the dead called from the grave with a Galilean accent. Remember the eyes of God that wept human tears."

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Hey babe really interesting dream. Wouldn't it be nice if one could have a fun going away party for real? Then be getting a welcoming party on the other side! What joy! Loven youns forever! Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)