Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Circle of Life (Not a Disney Story)

I am big on multi-tasking...those who have been following this blog understand this.

So, the ritual of brushing teeth is extremely boring to me.  There isn't a lot else you can do while you brush your teeth.  Tom and I like to brush our teeth at night together.  We start with flossing, then move to the first toothbrush which gets the gums and between the teeth and then we move to the second toothbrush which gets all the teeth surfaces that can be reached.

So, last night, we were going through the 'boring' ritual of tooth brushing.  I'm looking around and look at Tom, I turn around and see Shadow waiting to play behind the TV, give a sigh and look down in the sink.  Oh my Goodness...what in the world is that in my sink?  I look closer.  It's a HAIR.  One single hair...laying there, dead...never to be attached to my head again.  I hadn't really lost any head hairs since I started growing them back.  I had forgotten that hair loss was normal and that pit of the stomach nausea rolled over me before I got that thought into my head.  I went through the internal calming process, deep breath in and relaxed breath out.  It was all good.  This is normal.

So, the circle of life is back in motion.  This is more of the normalcy that I crave in life.  Yeah!

I went to the dentist two days ago for a new crown (got rid of an old filling and replaced it with a temporary crown...new crown will arrive in about 3 weeks)  and an old filling was replaced in another tooth.  We are trying to figure out what the pain is that I have had for many years on the back right side.  Today I go to an Endodontist to have a better look at an old root canal that was done on the very back tooth probably 12 years ago.  I don't think my dentist in Florida got all of the roots out but this guy has the equipment to figure it out.  I don't think I've ever been to an Endodontist before. 

Well, work calls to me so I'd better go answer.

Here is some Max for today:

"Blessed are the Merciful

By Max Lucado

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.  Matthew 5:7, NIV

The merciful, says Jesus, are shown mercy.  They witness grace.  They are blessed because they are testimonies to a greater goodness.  Forgiving others allows us to see how God has forgiven us.  The dynamic of giving grace is the key to understanding grace, for it is when we forgive others that we begin to feel what God feels."

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Endodentist? That's a new one on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Babe, Yep, I've heared of them before, but never been to none before. It is a cataclysmic event for me to go to a regular dentist. Ugh!
    I'm so glad you are back in "The Circle of Life". :) Loven' youn's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)