Thursday, July 14, 2011

We Wear Jesus...

Yesterday was Tom's last day of vacation.  We went to a place called "Unclaimed Baggage".  They had a little bit of everything there.  Tom found a new Jean Jacket with sheepskin lining and I found 4 pairs of dress slacks.  Plus we found some sheets for the bed and a pretty crystal clock for the mantal.  They have a lot of 'junk' there but they also had some good deals on new stuff.  We saw some beautiful scenery on the way.  Alabama sure does have some beautiful mountains. 

Today I got up when Tom left and showered and got ready for my 'meeting' with my cleaning lady.  She understood all of my concerns and did a great job on the house today. 

This afternoon, I am hemming three of the four pairs of slacks I bought yesterday.  Of course, I have pinned them up and started hemming but doing the blog seemed like more fun so here I am...putting it off for a few minutes.  lol   Tom says I should be playing my new Nancy Drew game today but I feel like I need to get things accomplished today and not waste the time.  I have a cabinet in the laundry room that also needs attention this afternoon.  It is the last area of the house that I didn't get organized while I was recovering from chemo.

So...nothing really exciting going on here...I miss Tom being here.  I am thankful for this time away from the stress of work though.  Next Monday it starts all over again.  O joy.  8-)

Here is a little Max for today...interesting perspective on how important appearances and actions can be.

"We Wear Jesus

By Max Lucado

“All of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.” Galatians 3:27, NIV

We wear Jesus. And those who don’t believe in Jesus note that we do. They make decisions about Christ by watching us. When we are kind, they assume Christ is kind. When we are gracious, they assume Christ is gracious. But if we are brash, what will people think about our King? When we are dishonest, what assumptions will an observer make about our Master? . . Courteous conduct honors Christ."

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

3 comments:

  1. It was a great vacation, but, like most good things, it had to come to an end. We had a good time together and both survived!! I am sooooo looking forward to being able to retire (and Teresa to retire as well). I know we will have to find things to keep us busy, but I will at least have my soul-mate to spend my time with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8-) Happy smiles here, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Y'all,
    I so much agree with all those sentiments. I miss my soul-mate but am so thankful for the years we h ad together. I do enjoy my being able to go to bed when I wish and get up when I wish, and also the solitude, but so many times I miss being able to tell him things I think that he would chuckle about. I praise God that I know where Dubby is, and he wore his Savior well enough that people observing him knew it.
    Loven' you all forever. I will really miss having you all there during the day when you are both back at work.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)