Monday, July 11, 2011

Projects done...now what?

So, after fixing a leak or two (and buying a few new tools to do the job correctly) we finished up the sink/faucet/water filter project.  I finished painting the necklace hanging thingy (I have no idea what to call it since it is a new invention) and sprayed it with some lacquer and it is drying now.  Tom says they look really good but I think they look either like a 5 year old who can't color in the lines or an arthritic old lady who can't hold her hands steady while she paints did it.  Tom says Van Gogh couldn't paint in between the lines either and it gives it a realistic look.  Whatever.  I still like it.  It doesn't have to be perfect...just functional and kinda pretty at the same time.  8-)  I'll post another "finished on the wall" picture when we get it hung.


Since we are just about finished with these projects, I find myself saying "What's next" for the next couple of days.  Tom wants to go out to the Unclaimed Baggage place and see what kind of deals we can find.  We might do that on Wednesday.  Tomorrow we'll double check under the sink and make sure there still aren't any leaks (yeah, that'll take about 5 minutes...unless there are leaks...hmmm) and if there aren't then we'll put everything back under the sink.  Next we'll get the necklace thingys hung (I REALLY have to come up with a name for them.) and then make some plans for the last day of vacation.  I am going to take Thursday and Friday off also but Tom goes back to work on Thursday.

Thursday the cleaning lady comes and I want to chat with her about ways to 'improve' her current cleaning habits.  (grin)  I might even jump into the cleaning with her and get all the baseboards cleaned (which is one of her deficiencies...) and by then I'll need to start the laundry and I want to wash all the rugs in the house, etc.  You get the idea...I like to get things accomplished.  8-)  No need to waste time while on vacation.  I will go back to work refreshed because things got done. 

Max really spoke to me with his daily devotion today...enjoy!

"Get Your Eye Off Yourself

By Max Lucado

“Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.” Philippians 2:4, NASB

What’s the cure for selfishness?

Get your self out of your eye by getting your eye off yourself. Quit staring at that little self and focus on your great Savior . . .

Focus on the encouragement in Christ, the consolation of Christ, the love of Christ, the fellowship of the Spirit, the affection and compassion of heaven."

It is so easy to get caught up in 'me me me'...I pray God will move my eyes away from me and always onto Him.

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Your necklace thingys are really pretty!! Love the Max for today!
    Love ya'all, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)