Saturday, April 16, 2011

Time Spent with Mom

I've been spending a lot of time on Skype with my Mom just chatting and doing Farmville together and it's really been enjoyable.  She is really funny breeding her sheep.  I can see where I acquired my analytical abilities.  She is almost 78 years old but her mind is just as sharp as can be. 

After being there for nine months, she is beginning to settle into Texas.  She has found a church that feels like 'home' to her and she and my sister seem to have settled into somewhat of a routine.  She has her favorite places to eat scoped out and she's beginning to make friends.  It's never easy when you move to a new place.  I have moved a LOT in my lifetime (I was in the military for years and then married to a military man so moving became second nature after a while) and I know that it is always a challenge to establish true friendships in new places.  Most people already have their friendships established and aren't looking for new adventures with friends.  Since I am shy, it made it doubly hard.  My mom, however, is ANYTHING but shy.  (Those of you who know her know that this is a true statement.)

Anyway, it is a bit of a relief to see her mostly happy and settled in her new environment and I thank God everyday for my sister and her husband who have gone to so much trouble to get her settled there near them.  They made the transition look easy but I know it's been a lot of work for them. 

Here is a little Max for you for today:

"Not Yet Complete

“God began doing a good work in you, and I am sure he will continue it until it is finished.”  Philippians 1:6

Not only are we ignorant about yesterday, we are ignorant about tomorrow. Dare we judge a book while chapters are yet unwritten? . . . How can you dismiss a soul until God’s work is complete?

Be careful! The Peter who denies Jesus at tonight’s fire may proclaim him with fire at tomorrow’s Pentecost . . . A stammering shepherd in this generation may be the mighty Moses of the next."

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. hi, Babe, Thanks for the sweet posting. You have not enjoyed the chatting any more than I. It has been wonderful for me, and Carol and Daryl have truly made it easy for me to settle in.
    Loven' youns' forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you and Tom could be here tonight for Burger Saturday! We might even sneak in some Dominoes! We, too, are glad Mom is settling in. Her church seems sweet and loving. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)