Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Effexor is your FRIEND

I had the first good night's sleep last night that I've had since September.  I didn't have one single hot flash.  I took my first effexor yesterday and it really was amazing.  I figured it would take 30 days for it to start working but nooooooooo, immediate relief.  So if any of you out there are having hot flashes, go directly to your doctor and tell him what you need.  Low dosage effexor does the trick.

Now the bad thing was that I woke up after 4 hours of sleep and realized that I had been sleeping for 4 hours (I haven't slept more than an hour at a time since September because I would wake up hot every hour on the hour.) and I was so giddy with excitement that I woke myself up to a fully awake state of mind.  I couldn't believe it and kept thinking, "This must be a fluke" and "Will I be able to get back to sleep?" and threw myself into a mini-anxiety attack over it.  So I pulled out my iPad and read for a while (about an hour) and finally turned over and realized how wonderful the bed felt (it usually feels like a torture chamber) and drifted back off to sleep and slept for four and a half more hours.  I really could grow to like this sleep thing.  8-)

Don't ever underestimate the healing power of sleep.  It is required to heal your body and mind.  I hunger for sleep the way a starving man hungers for food.  Now it looks like I am finally going to get some.  8-)

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day.

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe, I am so glad for you that you got 8 hours. It is wonderful talking to you on Skype as well. Loven' youn's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say," Praise the Lord." You deserve the good sleep,and I am so glad to hear you are in remission. Treva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Treva - Thanks for the visit. 8-) Praise the Lord, Indeed! 8-) I've now had TWO good night's sleep. God is good, all the time.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)