Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Life Has an Easy Rhythm

Life has settled back into an easy rhythm. 

I remember now how to get ready for work and get there on time.  (Sounds like it should be easy but that was the hardest part of going back to work.)

I have balanced the grocery shopping, cooking, and having fun after work to an acceptable level.  Not so much Farmville anymore...priorities have shifted.    Sorry Farmville friends...I don't have unlimited time anymore to visit you everyday like I was.  I'll still try to get in there on the weekends though and fertilize your crops and check for eggs in your henhouse.  (grin)

Radiation treatments have become part of my daily life on Mondays thru Fridays (The doctor assures me that cancer doesn't grow on the weekends...HA!) and there is still no pain associated with those treatments.  I was worried about shoulder pain because my sister's friend had said that was the worst of it but I am having no problems with that.  I am probably laying with my arm over my head for a maximum of five minutes so it really isn't a big deal.  They only radiate for a total of 2 minutes.

I'm glad they got the chemo out of the way first.  I always do hard chores first and then work my way to the easier ones so they played right into the way that I would have planned it.  8-)

I actually have little stubbles of hair growing out of my head now so I feel great hope that I will eventually have my full head of hair back...8-)  Hope is such a wonderful thing.  I will be so glad to burn all these hats that I am currently wearing to cover my widdle bald head. 

My energy levels are even better now than they were before the cancer was discovered.  I can go and do anything I feel like doing now and I don't get winded or tired at all.  I can't remember when I felt this good last.  Now I just have to start fitting the treadmill into each day (somewhere).  If I could wake up an hour earlier in the morning, I could fit it on that end of the day but I already wake up at 5 in the morning...not sure my body would like 4:00.  I may have to wait on that until after the radiation treatments are over in 5 and a half weeks.

Tom and I are trying to decide what to do with our vacation time this year.  In June, I'll reach my max vacation that I can store away so I'll need to start taking some then (because I lose it if I don't use it) but I'm not sure I'll have hair that is acceptable by then.   It has been 6 weeks since the last chemo and I only have stubble...maybe it will start picking up the pace now that the follicles are healing.  We would like to go up and see Tom's sister, maybe see BJ for a bit, and I'd also like to see my Mom and Sister but all of them live in three distant areas of the US so we can't do all of them in one trip.  We'll have to make that decision in the next few months. 

Here is a little Max for today.  It is so good to know that God is unchanging, uncaused, and ungoverned.  Knowing that he is in control of things just lets me rest easy without worry.

"An Ungoverned God


By Max Lucado

“God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.” I John 3:20

You and I are governed. The weather determines what we wear. The terrain tells us how to travel . . .

God—our Shepherd—doesn’t check the weather; He makes it. He doesn’t defy gravity; He created it.

God is what He is. What He has always been. God is Yahweh—an unchanging God, an uncaused God, and an ungoverned God."

By Grace Alone -

- T

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe, Reading your post today makes me feel so good inside.:) I'm happy to see you back on an even keel, and doing regular every day stuff like regular folks do. I would be so happy to see you and Tom, but I know it has been a long time since you all have seen Sharyn, and we did get to see you in August. I long to hug you all again, too. Maybe soon, we can do the Skype thingy. Whatever you all decide will be good. As always, thanks for the Max. Loven' youn's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa, You can't imagine how it touches my heart to hear how great you are doing! We would LOVE to see you guys! So sad that everybody lives so far away from each other.
    Thanks for the pic of my brother the other day! He's still as handsome as ever!
    Thank You, God, for blessing Teresa SO MUCH!!
    Love and Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I want to be Sharyn's sister, too. If she's anything like Tom, I know I'd love her! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Mom B, Thank you SO VERY MUCH!! You can be my sister! There's always room in my heart and in my life for another!
    My 10 year old grandson just said you look like you're 20! Are you? Love, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)