Sunday, February 20, 2011

God Hurts With You...

Life is getting back to normal.  Probably even better than normal.  8-)

We ventured out yesterday after all mundane things were taken care of at the house.  (Which, by the way, is NO LONGER MY PRISON...)  

We decided to go to the Bridgestreet Mall and see what Coldwater Creek had that was new.  I can always use new clothes...HA!  That was our original mission.  Funny how things never finish up the way you start them.  I love the Bridgestreet Mall because it isn't an indoor mall, it is all out doors, kind of like you would imagine a Mainstreet Shopping experience in the olden days might have been.  There is a place there for children to play in the water (yeah, there weren't any doing that yesterday...although, the temperature was in the 60's and was quite nice, still not nice enough for kids to be playing outside in water.)  There is actually a bridge on the street that runs over a flowing stream of water.  (Hence the naming of the Mall)  t really is done quite nicely.

Anyway...we went straight to CC and I found a new jacket and some sweaters and ordered some of the pants that I love so much.  Then we decided to go to P.F. Chang's to eat.  Tom loves oriental food and I like it pretty well too.   

But...on the way...we saw the Apple store and I thought Tom might enjoy stopping in there and browsing around so I asked him if he wanted to stop.  I could see the wheels in his little head turning and he said, "Sure!"  So we went in and started looking at the iPod Touches.  We already have iPads but the iPod Touches are really neat...they are actually thinner than the iPod Phone and would be much less bulk to carry around to the doctor's office than the iPad.  (There were lots of reasons to go in this direction beyond these but I won't bore you with ALL of it...)  We give ourselves an allowance every week and neither one of us had touched it in months and we thought this might be a fun celebratory gift for being done with chemo.  (Yeah, whatever rationalization works for a new toy, right?)  So we spent about an hour and a half in that store getting the iPods and all the accessories.  We also bought a new mail system for them so that we can synchronize all our mail between our PCs and our iPods.  That has been quite an issue with the iPads because if you delete your mail on your PC, then it still exists on the iPad and that is one of my major gripes with the mail program.  They could do a lot of things better with the mail program on the iPad. 

So, after that, we moved on to P.F. Chang's and had what we both thought was kind of a disappointing meal.  I would have just thought it was my taste buds post chemo but Tom said he was disappointed also.  We decided we wouldn't eat there again in the future.  (Hopefully, we'll remember that next time we think we want to eat there...HA)

By the time we got home, about 5 hours after our trip out began, I wasn't even tired.  It is REALLY good to do fun things again and still feel human after they are finished.  8-)  

Here is a picture of Tom taken with my iPod...it has really good resolution.  I took some pictures of moving cars and they were clear as a bell too.

My Honey!
Here is the Max for today...this truth reaches all levels of my heart.  8-)   Through all that I have suffered, God has been right there hurting with me and carrying me through it.

"He’s Here

“The moment I called out, you stepped in; you made my life large with strength.”  Psalm 138:3, The Message 

Where is God when we hurt? Where is he when sleep won’t come? Where is he when we awaken in a hospital bed with pain that won’t subside? He’s right here! He hung on the gallows to prove once and for all, with pierced hands and blood-stained face—that he’s here—that he didn’t create the hurt, but he came to take it away.  When you hurt, God hurts with you."

By Grace Alone -

- T

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe, so glad you and the man could get out today and have a good day- sounds like you did have great fun. My Blackberry is like your Ipod, I have to delete all the mail and messages on it or it just stays on there. What a pain, and so time consuming, but the technology is really great, anyway. i know you enjoyed the trip to CC! Hope you have a great day tomorrow, both of you. Loven' you'ns forever. Mom P.S. I was able to go to Sunday School and church today, so it was a good day for me, too. TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom is looking really good now! Pox are drying up nicely. It was nice to have her out and about again.

    So glad you're out and running around...great pic! Sorry I've been out of the loop this week...I've been helping to plan a funeral for a good friend who passed away on Thursday. Funeral is in the morning at our church. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)