Sunday, December 5, 2010

Moods, Moods, and More Moods

Yesterday, Tom and I were not having a particularly good day.  (I could stop right here, but nah...you know me...I can't stop there.)

In his defense, he'd had a really bad week.  They had laid off 35 people at his company and he had to take them out of the software that he is responsible for which created a lot more work for him and he had to take half of the work that one of the laid off guys used to do.  Funny how just because someone gets laid off, the work doesn't go away.  You would think they would be laying them off because there wasn't enough work.  While I know that he is thankful he didn't get laid off, more work at this time in our lives makes it even more difficult.  So, suffice it to say, by Saturday, he was beat and cranky.  I don't blame him at all.

As for me...I had been in the house for about 2 weeks straight with only a trip to the Cancer Center for chemo and then another one for Neulasta.  I'd also had a hard week because 'thinking', on this new chemo, is an increased challenge and there were lots of problem tickets to work through with the software that I am in charge of.  (Most of them were users that were idiots, but they still had to be worked.  I had to verify they were idiots before letting them know there was nothing wrong with the software.)  PLUS, depression had set in because I was exhausted all the time and I had really wanted to get out of the house yesterday.

So, suffice it to say...yesterday was not a good day for either one of us.  That being said, I didn't blog on Fri or Sat because I heeded the wisdom of my Grandmother who used to say (over and over), "If you don't have anything good to say about someone, don't say anything at all."  I also made up a new twist (in my head) on my Grandmother's saying "Things that you do, do with your might, things done by halves, are never done right."  My new saying said, "Things that you do, do them yourself, because they aren't getting done by any little elf."  I was feeling like I couldn't trust anyone to do anything right for me so I just had to do everything myself.  wah wah...I WAS in a mood.

Today, I got up and said, "Let's go to the grocery store this morning before anyone else gets there with germs."  HA!  We went at about 8 this morning and I had the best time. Of course, as always, my good mood fed his good mood which fed my good mood.  I got to pick out lots of fruit. (It is very hard to send someone else for fruit when you don't know what looks the best in the store that day.)  Plus I got to whimsy shop.  Almost 200 dollars later, we left refreshed and loaded with good healthy food. 

Next was the conquering of one of our Christmas gifts.  I KNOW, I KNOW...it's not Christmas yet, but we ordered this new Netgear Dual Band Wirelss-N Router with DSL Modem online for Christmas and we only had thirty days to return it and that would have fallen around Dec 23rd and since we have been having so many problems with the one we got from AT&T (piece of junk), we decided we needed to install it and test it BEFORE Christmas got here in case we needed to return it. 

When he started the job, I went off to do our Christmas Cards for the people I had addresses for and left him alone.  Well, I finished that and decided maybe he needed my support in there to help him along.  (BIG GRIN)

I won't get into a lot of Geek Speak here but suffice it to say, while the box advertised, 'Push "N" Connect' for connecting all your devices with the touch of a button...suffice it to say, there was a whole lot of entering of security encryption keys (22 characters, of which some are upper case and some are lower case, each time) for all of our devices.  (And we have a LOT of devices)  I kept saying "Can't we just push the button?"  Which I'm sure was totally annoying to Tom, bless his heart.

Now he is dolefully watching his Redskins lose to to the New York Giants.  (31 to 7 in Giants favor at the moment which has seconds left to the game)  He keeps muttering things as he looks at his computer screen (which is total entertainment for me as I write this).  I don't think this is putting him in a bad mood but I know he is always happier when the 'Skins win.

Hope everyone is having a great day...I need to start thinking about what great thing I'm going to make for supper from the food we bought.  8-)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Babe...Didja get the gizmo installed? I hope so, and I know about moods...I have run the gamut lately, but don't have anyone to argue with, except myself, and that is no fun. Ha. I was wondering how you were doing and I guess my question has just been answered. I'm glad you got out today and got some grub to eat. Lovin' you'ns forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)