Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Deed Is Done

All done.

AC chemo number two is complete.  My blood-work looked really good.  The doctor was so excited.  I just told him, "Don't I have an amazing body for healing!"  God gets all the credit for this one.  Your all's prayers are working.  THANK YOU!

After it was over, we went to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries for a really good hamburger.  Then we went to a store in Huntsville called Lawrens that is a supplier for Crabtree and Evelyn 'stuff' that my cancer nurse suggested to get for the house.  I was looking for some good scents for the house to maybe take out the chemo smell that seems to follow me around.  I didn't like the scents by Crabtree and Evelyn that they carried (not very many and they were all flowery...ugh) but I did find a nice Christmas scent that I didn't seem to be allergic to.  It came with a beautiful bottle to put the scent and wood sticks in.   I've put it on the mantle over the fireplace.  We'll see how this goes.  Here is a picture of it.  I showed this picture to Tom and he said it looked like a hoola girl and I said...THOSE ARE TASSELS...now it will always look like hoola girl to me.  HA.



After that trip, we went to the Madison Wal-mart.  (I am still amazed that there are four Wal-Marts within spitting distance of our house...so we choose a different one each time so that we can see what is new in them.)  Then we made a small Publix run to get some luncheon meats and bread so Tom won't starve while I'm down for the count for the next 4 days.  It is already hitting me hard (it is four in the afternoon so it has had 5 hours to slug me.) and I am probably heading to bed after I get this done.

We took a little detour before I could get to bed.  When we got the new DSL Modem/Router the other week, the printer wasn't connecting to the network for some reason and it was just too much to deal with at the time so we had put it off.  On Monday, I got it to show up on the network but we were still unable to print a test page.  Neither could Tom.  Grrr...Finally, we reset the printer to factory settings, let it pick the IP address (Tom had put in a stable IP address previously which it was balking at.) and wala...printing again.  

I am feeling very humbled and not so positive I can do this again but like I told Tom, "it's in me now so there isn't anything I can do about it."  Oh yeah, 6 hours ago, I was all bubbly and telling the doctor, "How cool is this?  I only have 3 more treatments to go..."  Yeah, not so bubbly now.  HA  Humbled again...

Please keep the prayers coming...4 more days of really 'bad' coming.

By Grace Alone...

4 comments:

  1. I love you all...and continue to hold you both up in prayer. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. hola Teresita....you're in my thoughts and prayers...hang tight and don't let go !

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)