Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tomorrow Is C Day and Humble Ramblings

Tomorrow is C day.  (Chemo day)

I'm not nervous this time because I know what to expect.  There is much comfort in knowing what is around the corner.  I'm ready for the next 10 pound weight to be added to my sack.  (ref blog titled "Crisp and Cold Wintry Day" ... http://tnt-teresa.blogspot.com/2010/12/crips-and-cold-wintry-day.html)  I know it will be bad starting about day 2 when the steroids wear off.  I am ready for it.  I've already prepared my boss for day 5 to be a sick day because last time I couldn't even wake up on day 5.  If it isn't so bad, then all the better.  8-)

Pray for Tom, he's going to have a rough care-taking weekend...

I read today's Max Lucado and wonder if God gave me cancer to steer me towards humbleness.  I am not always as humble as I should be.  I have found having cancer to be a humbling experience.   Sometimes, I wanted to be the center of attention.  Not so much now...I find myself not wanting anyone to notice me. 

There is a girl with down's syndrome that works at our Publix.  She came right out and asked me, "Do you have breast cancer?"  At first I wanted to act like she hadn't asked but then I realized that she seemed to need to talk about it.  I said yes and asked her how she knew.  She said her mom lost all her hair too and is currently going through chemotherapy for breast cancer.  (If her mother had had cancer of the liver then I am sure she would have asked me if I had that...it was just what she knew.)  She was very open about it all and I learned from her that it is OK to talk about it to strangers.  (I still don't think I would initiate the conversation but I won't be as embarrassed to discuss it.)  She was very concerned about her mother and wanted to discuss it with someone. When it was over, I was glad she asked me. 

Here is today's devotional: 

"God Loves a Humble Heart
God…. gives grace to the humble. 

The apostle Paul was saved through a personal visit from Jesus.  He was carried into the heavens and had the ability to raise the dead.  But when he introduced himself, he mentioned none of these.  He simply said, “I, Paul, am God’s slave” (Titus 1:1, The Message).

God loves humility."

Lord, help me to always be humble.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe...I thank God for you daily. Isn't it so freeing to talk to people who have the same concerns that you do? Those who have problems dealing with everyday things in their lives that can speak of it openly, find it to be so. God help me to be humble...
    Isn't Max Lucado so gifted in helping us to realize how much we need God in our lives?
    Thank you for the post. Love you'n's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you today....Love you!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)