Friday, September 16, 2011

I'm Cute?

I woke up this mornng and my hair (YUP, I've got hair now...real hair) is sticking up all over the place (it is a different texture than it used to be..all of it in front of my head is completely straight and the back is curly...the straight hair likes to stand on end when I sleep...I guess the dreams scare it to death.) and I throw on my sweats and a long sleeved shirt (it's getting colder now) and stumble around sorting the laundry to put into the washer.  My husband walks by and pats me and tells me how cute I am.  CUTE?  Horrifying would be my take on my looks first thing in the morning...but as long as he thinks so, I'm good with that.

Today is my flex day off and I've wasted about 3 hours of my life helping someone with a scheduling problem that they created themselves.  Ugh...I thought I was going to have a leisurely morning, reconciling my discover and bank account but it is already noon an I haven't gotten to it yet.  I decided blogging sounded like more fun. 

I've also done a fun round with the oncology department and the insurance company this morning.  I get my port flushd every 4 weeks and until this last flushing they didn't charge me for it.  This time they charged me and my insurance refused to pay according to the oncology dept.  They tell me I should call my insurance company.  So....I call my insurance company and they say they never received the bill.  They give me some hints and tips about submitting to pass back to the oncology department.  (Why these two groups can't talk to each other, I'll never know...) So I call the oncology department back and they say they will resubmit.  (More time wasted that I'll never get back...lol.)

I got a call today from the Boeing Wellness Group.  They think they can help me lose the weight I've gained since chemo.  I told them that if they could tape my mouth shut it might help.  lol  We are going to try to get me moving around more.  That isn't so easy since all my joints hurt when I move.  The Femara seems to be causing this so I may get them to switch to a different hormone blocking medication.  My oncologyst says there are three kinds that he can prescribe.  I see him again on the 18th of Oct so we shall see then.  Anyway, the goal is 10,000 steps a day (or 5 miles).  10,000 steps sounds like less to me so I'll keep that number in my head.  HA

Here is some Max for today:

"He Knows

By Max Lucado

“The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.” John 1:14 NIV

The one to whom we pray knows our feelings. He knows our temptation. He has felt discouraged. He has been hungry and sleepy and tired . . . He nods in understanding when we pray in anger . . . He smiles when we confess our weariness . . .

He, too, knew the drone of the humdrum and the weariness that comes with long days . . . God became flesh and dwelt among us."

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe, Yeah, you're cute...always thought so. Boy, dealing with the insurance companies are always good for a headache! Hopefully you got that one settled. Thanks for the Max, too. Loven' youn's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you're cute!!! You look like me! I need to do some of that medical paperwork while I'm of!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)