Monday, September 12, 2011

Every Day is a Gift

How quickly we become complacent about our days...I try to remember every morning that each day is a gift.  Sometimes I forget and whine and moan about something annoying in my day and then I snap my head up and remember that there are others that aren't as blessed as I am and I need to keep that in the forefront of my living.  I had a sore throat and a fever yesterday and complained about it most of the afternoon and evening and even considered laying in bed today and nursing myself back to health but instead, I got out of bed this morning and pressed on with my day and I am SO glad that I did.

A friend of mine came into my office this morning and started telling me about 3 people that he knew that had recently lost the battle with Cancer.  I am working with another gentleman that is a Lt. Colonel with the army and is part of a rotational program to learn how the big businesses do 'business' and he was telling me that his father-in-law died last year from cancer and his mother-in-law was also diagnosed with Leukemia within a month of his father-in-law's diagnosis.  So many people do not have the luxury that I had of catching that horrible disease before it gets the better of them.  I am blessed and I need to continue to remember this each day. 

So, if you're feeling complacent about your life and complaining about how your days are going and how upset you are that it is Monday instead of Friday...take a minute...pull your head up and remember that each day is a Gift that God has given us.  Like the old song goes...Don't Worry....Be Happy...8-)  Let the Joy of Jesus shine out of your countenance today and everyday.

So here is some Max for today:

"Overflowing

By Max Lucado

“My cup overflows with blessings.” Psalm 23:5 NLT

Is an overflowing cup full? Absolutely. The wine reaches the rim and then tumbles over the edge. The goblet is not large enough to contain the quantity. According to David, our hearts are not large enough to contain the blessings that God wants to give. He pours and pours until they literally flow over the edge and down on the table . . .

The last thing we need to worry about is not having enough. Our cup overflows with blessings."

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe! You are so right! It does help us when we consider the plights of others, when we ourselves are feeling down. I am pleased that you are able to talk to others and help them by listening to their problems. That comes through your comments. I am reminded of the poem about a fellow who was complaining that he had no shoes, and then met a man who had no feet. Ina is struggling through radiation treatments right now. I meet so many people who are dealing with so many problems and it helps me forget my little pitiful stuff. I love you, baby, and am so proud of you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had asked the Lord to give you opportunity to use your experiences to help others. Sounds like an answer to prayer! May the Lord give you His words as you have these opportunities!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)