Monday, August 8, 2011

Still Waiting...

I still haven't heard from the doctor with the results from my arm biopsy. 

Tom and I had a great relaxed weekend.  Friday we did all the 'work' around the house like lawn mowing (Tom) and laundry (me) and then we had our usual Thai Food for supper.  Every Friday we feed Tom's addiction to Thai food.  He spent a year in Thailand when he was in the service and it is his favorite food.  Luckily, we found a good Thai restaurant when we moved to Alabama 4 years ago or I think Tom would have wanted to move somewhere else.  (He REALLY loves his Thai food.)

We also did some quick shopping Friday afternoon.  Saturday we relaxed around the house and I rearranged the living room in preparation for some new recliners that we just bought.  These recliners feel like you're being snuggled in your mother's arms.  I could hardly force myself to get out of them when we tried them out.  I kept going back and sitting in them again and again.  Tom could hardly pull me away from the store.  He had to buy two of them in order to get me to agree to leave the store...lol.  They are on special order and we should receive them in about 3 weeks.  They are Lane recliners and they are called "Bulldog recliner".  Here is a link to a picture of them.  Bulldog Recliner by Lane

Tom liked that recliner because it is made for tall people.  I just liked the soft and snuggly feel of it.  Also, you can almost lay flat in it.  Good for snoozing, reading a book, or watching TV (or even snoozing while your eyelids watch TV).  8-)

So, we are getting rid of a plaid sleeper couch we have had for about 10 years which was the cat's couch basically.  I'm going to ask our cleaning lady if she wants it or if she knows someone that might want it.  Then if we don't get any takers there, we're going to try giving it away at Tom's work.  They have some kind of thing where people put up things for sale or to give away.  Then if there are still no takers then we'll give it to the salvation army.  Right now it is sitting out in the garage...sigh.  I am such a person who has to have everything in its place and that piece just doesn't have a place at this moment. 

So, I had a shingles attack a couple of weeks ago (I can always tell when they are going to hit because I get the headaches and neck pain...this happens before I get an outbreak)  and I got a new prescription but I couldn't seem to remember to take them.  I would get a couple of them down but would forget one of the three at some point in the day.  So, I just gave up after a few days of that in hopes that they wouldn't go any farther.  Argh...that didn't happen, so now I have a real outbreak of them.  I started the medication back up on Friday but that was too late to stop them from appearing.  It is what it is, I guess.  lol

Here is a good Max for you for today:

"Enough

Jesus was angry enough to purge the temple, hungry enough to eat raw grain, distraught enough to weep in public, fun loving enough to be called a drunkard, winsome enough to attract kids, . . . radical enough to get kicked out of town, responsible enough to care for his mother, tempted enough to know the smell of Satan, and fearful enough to sweat blood . . .

Whatever you are facing, he knows how you feel."

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

3 comments:

  1. I just got on here to ask you if you'd heard about your arm biopsy yet & I saw your new letter.
    Your recliners look SOooo COMFY!!
    Sorry about the shingles.
    You're still on our prayer list every night.
    Love the Max!
    God Bless. Love & Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Babe, sorry about those shingles...they are really rotten aren't they...but then I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, The recliners are beautiful and I know you will enjoy having them. Poor Shadow...losing her couch...Bless her little heart. lol. Thanks for the Max. Loven' youn's forever. Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor baby! Sympathy, sympathy! I'm sorry you have to hurt.

    The recliners look great...I like the wall hugger feature. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)