Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mammogram Results

I went for my mammogram yesterday and have to admit that I was very nervous.  I asked them if Tom could join me back in the waiting area for the mammograms and they said no so he had to wait out in the big waiting room.  I would have liked the moral support  but I was really glad he was there in the building anyway.  Last time they did my mammogram (almost exactly a year ago) I went alone and they did a mammogram, sonogram, and then proceeded to do the biopsy immediately.  I was alone and felt very alone throughout it.  This time I took moral support with me.  8-)

This time they did the mammogram and several magnified shots of the right breast that had previously been diagnosed with cancer and then told me that they were going to have the doctor look at them immediately so I wouldn't have to wait for the results.  I asked the technician if Dr. Gwaltney was there and if she could read them and she said that yes she was and she would specifically take the views to her to read.  Then Dr. Gwaltney came out to talk to me and let me know that it was all good and that there wasn't anything to worry about in either breast at this time.  She gave me a big old hug...she is such a sweetie.  Dr. Gwaltney was the one that did the biopsy last year and the one that called me with the bad news that it was Invasive Ductal Carcinoma.  Well, it looks like we've conquered that beast...Praising God continuously for this good news.  8-)

It is nice for a change to have good news to report. I am sure it is because of all your prayers.  I can't thank you all enough for being on this journey with me and for your steadfast prayers.  We are now on the other side of that trial.


I just got back from seeing Dr. Sheppard (my surgeon...everyone should have their very own surgeon..lol) and he has done a biopsy on the skin thing that I have going on.  He says we should have results on that by Friday.  I'll let you know how that turns out probably Friday or Saturday depending on what time I get the news.

Here is a good Max for today...

"In Transit

By Max Lucado

“Our homeland is in heaven, and we are waiting for our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, to come from heaven.” Philippians 3:20

You’ve seen people treat this world like it was a permanent home. It’s not. You've seen people pour time and energy into life like it will last forever. It won’t. You’ve seen people so proud of what they have done, that they hope they will never have to leave—they will.

We all will. We are in transit."

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

3 comments:

  1. PRAISE THE LORD for your mammogram results!
    Will continue praying for your biopsy results.
    Enjoyed the 'Max' for today!
    Love and Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful, thankful, thankful!
    That's so neat that they understand the panic you'd have to feel, and read the results right away!
    Love you, Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Babe! Wonderful news! Praise be to the Almighty, the great I AM THAT I AM! Glad that I could be nearby (on the computer) to hear firsthand your good news. Hope today is good for you and that tomorrow is even better. Loven' youn's forever. Mom Thanks for the Max, as always.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)