Friday, August 19, 2011

Random Thoughts

I don't think about death so much anymore.  Goodness, but that is a good thing.  I am now thinking about things that we should do in the future.  I don't think about doctors all the time and when my next appointment is.  I get to LIVE life again.  It's really awesome.  Cancer plays a lot of mind games with you...SHAME on Cancer.

Speaking of doctors...I got a clean bill of health from my Radiology Oncologyst yesterday.  I don't have to go back to him for 6 months.  I don't have to go back to my surgeon for a year (unless something comes up that I need him for) and I don't have to see my Medical Oncologyst until October.  Life is good.

We are sitting in the office this morning with the window open for Shadow (who is not even sitting in it..HA) and I hear all the morning sounds that I grew up with when I was living in TN.  Cicadas, frogs, and birds.  It is so peaceful out here in the country.  I am really glad we live out here now instead of Florida.  It has also (finally) turned cooler here.  I know the entire country must be breathing a sigh of relief because it actually looks like summer is moving into fall and the temperature is dropping to a more acceptable level.

At this point, you, the reader, should be going "blah, blah, blah...does this girl have anything of importance to say today?"  The answer is absolutely not.  I just woke up in the mood to blog a bunch of totally random thoughts...lol. 

So, here are some words from Max that aren't so random or meaningless...8-)

"Brag About That

By Max Lucado

“The cross of our Lord Jesus Christ is my only reason for bragging.” Galatians 6:14

Do you feel a need for affirmation? Does your self-esteem need attention? You don’t need to drop names or show off. You need only to pause at the base of the cross and be reminded of this: The maker of the stars would rather die for you than live without you. And that is a fact. So if you need to brag, brag about that."

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

3 comments:

  1. Ahem. The whole country must not include Texas...we were 108 today. :-)Fall is only a word we've heard of. Ha!

    Good Max!

    I'm so glad you got your clean bill of health, and 6 months to avoid all tests and hospitals and doc offices! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. See what happens when one does not listen to the news. I just assumed temps were going down everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Babe...Yeah, a lot of the country is still caught up in high temps...106 today, I believe. I think temps are supposed to start lowering maybe Wed of next week, to around 100.
    So glad to know you are doing so well (that is an understatement, btw) :)
    Thanks for the Max. Loven' youn's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)