Sunday, August 14, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Tom and I celebrated our anniversary yesterday by taking in the latest Harry Potter movie (actually physically went out to the movies which is very rare for us) and ate a lot of popcorn while we were there, then stopped by my favorite clothing store (Coldwater Creek) and found several new oufits (BAD BAD me...new fall clothes were out and I couldn't resist) and put the four pairs of slacks on hold until Thursday when they have their buy one pair of slacks and get the other pair for 50% off sale going on.  (Our actual anniversary date is Monday the 15th but we wanted to have a 'date day' to celebrate so we did it on Saturday.)

Then we went to Florence, AL to the Walmart to take care of our weekly shopping and had a late supper at Texas Roadhouse.  They have the best steaks in the whole world as far as we are concerned.  We'll take the flavor of their Filet Mignon Steak over atmosphere in some hoity toity restaurant anyday.  8-)  We got home around 8:30 last night which is very late for us to be out...lol. 

I started taking some megadoses of vitamin B12 a couple of weeks ago and I am seeing some real improvement in my sleeping and my energy levels.  B12 is supposed to help with the production of red blood cells.  Now that I am getting more energy, I may drop back to once every other day instead of taking it every day.  I have also been having some bone pain that is reminiscent of when they gave me (during chemo) the shots of Neulasta to help my bones produce more white blood cells.  Anyway, I really love the energy benefits from the B12. 

Today we went to Lowe's and found Tom a new Weed Eater and bought several attachments for it (blower, cultivator, and edger) because he keeps fighting the engine on the old one.  He also wanted to go to a 4 cycle engine instead of a 2 cycle.   I had received several hundred dollars worth of awards at work for helping different programs with issues that they had and I turned those into Lowe's gift certificates so Tom could spend them where he needed them.  We also get 10% off at Lowe's because he is retired military so we got all that for almost nothing out of our own pockets.  So that was kind of his anniversary present and the clothes were mine.  8-)

Well, enough of my dribble...here are some better words from Max...

"Through Faith

By Max Lucado

“A person is made right with God through faith.” Romans 3:28

Dare you stand before God and ask him to save you because of your suffering or your sacrifice or your tears or your study? . . .

Nor did Paul. It took him decades to discover what he wrote in only one sentence.

“A person is made right with God through faith.” Not through good works, suffering, or study. All those may be the result of salvation but they are not the cause of it." 

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you & Tom!! AND Happy Anniversary to Sherman & me!! OUR anniversary is ALSO August 15!!! I vaguely remember when Tom first called & told me when you all got married, that it was NEAR our anniversary, but I didn't remember that is was EXACTLY the same day! Did YOU remember that? How many years have you all been married? We've been married 45 years!! GOODNESS!!! Where DOES the time GO?!
    Love ya all. God Bless yas. Love & Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I SO appreciate Tom, and his constant love for you!

    Sounds like you did the anniversary up right! :-)

    Happy Day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Babe,
    Glad you and Tom had a great anniversary celebration! Sounds like it was loads of fun! Thanks as always for the Max. I'm working on your quilt now. Got all the pieces cut and am sewing. Love to you both, loven youn's forever . Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)