Thursday, August 25, 2011

Just Another Day

I am a little down today.

I have the head/neck pain that begins right before shingles break out.  I am SO tired of shingles.

I called my Medical Oncologyst's nurse today to see if maybe I need a different medication this time since this is the third breakout since the first of July.  She is supposed to call me back. 

This weekend I think I am just going to lay around and read a book and do nothing stressful.  (Since stress supposedly activates them.)  Of course, I think it is more than mental stress, I think my body is still in stress from the chemo and it is the body stress that is causing the problem.  I can tell that my white count still isn't what it should be.  Sigh...

I am getting to work on one of the programs for the next couple of weeks at work because they are short a scheduler and I am actually having a lot of fun with it.  It is good to get my hands dirty again (that's just a figure of speech...my job really isn't dirty) and get out amoung the workers on the program.  I like my other job too which involves auditing schedules and training schedulers and CAMs but there's nothing like getting ahold of a schedule and analyzing it and giving the data to the program manager to help them manage the program better.

My son will be 26 on the 30th of August.  I am just amazed at how that time has flown.  It seems like just yesterday that I was holding him in my arms and rocking him to sleep.  Then he was making friends at school and then he was playing baseball.  Next thing I know, he is playing computer games and going off to college.  I turned around and all of a sudden he was married and had a little girl himself.  She is a beauty too.

Here she is with what looks like a bit of a 'tude.  I can just imagine her saying "Say WHAT?"  (I am sure she gets that attitude from her mother's side of the family...lol)


Here she is just being adorable.



Well, she can't help it that she is so cute...


Well, on to the Max for today:

"Ask for More

By Max Lucado

“Lord, teach me what you want me to do, and I will live by your truth.” Psalm 86:11

When kindness comes through grudgingly, we’ll remember God’s kindness to us and ask Him to make us more kind. When patience is scarce, we’ll thank Him for His and ask Him to make us more patient. When it’s hard to forgive, we won’t list all the times we’ve been given grief. Rather, we’ll list all the times we’ve been given grace and pray to become more forgiving."

By Grace Alone -

Teresa



2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe, Sorry you be so down, but I just think where you were a year ago, and am so grateful for the difference. Not every day can be a "life is great, I'm feeling so wonderful day" can it? I know you are happy to be feeling so much better than a year ago. Little Aly is so adorable. Thank you for posting and for the Max. Hope you are feeling better by the time you read this. Loven' youn's forever. Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a doll! 'Tude is cute on her! :-)

    Mom said you got some meds and got the shingles under control...so thankful!

    I had fun helping Mom trace the pattern on your quilt squares yesterday. I traced and she cut. It's going to be really cute!

    BTW...we're meeting with a surgeon tomorrow about getting my gall bladder out. Not the best timing...it might (will probably) deep six our trip with the grandkids....but we can do it another time. Hopefully, I'm catching it in time to be laproscopic.

    Love you!
    ~Carol

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)