Thursday, February 10, 2011

Applauding God!

Today was my follow-up with my doctor after chemo.  We drove into the appointment on solid sheets of ice on the road...yeah, that was a lot of fun.  A 30 minute trip took an hour and ten minutes.  But I got there.  Tom followed behind me to make sure I made it ok. 

I told my doctor about my swollen ankles and belly (which are fine at the beginning of the day but are bad at the end of the day).  My feet are frozen Popsicles by the end of the day because there doesn't seem to be any circulation in them.  I asked her if she thought it was my kidneys and she said nope...she thinks it is my heart.  So, she scheduled a MUGA scan for tomorrow.  "The MUGA scan (MUltiple Gated Acquisition scan) is a noninvasive test that produces a moving image of the heart. From this image, the health of the heart’s major pumping chamber (the left ventricle) can be assessed."  (Information taken from: http://heartdisease.about.com/cs/otherriskfactors/l/blmuga.htm)  Apparently from what I am reading at that site, they should have been monitoring my heart with these scans all along during the chemo.  Hmmmm....things that make you go 'hmmm'.
 
I'll let you guys know this weekend how that went. (if they tell me...if they don't, I have a follow-up appointment on Monday)

Everything else is looking better.  My white count is still low but the rest of my blood work looked pretty decent.  I don't seem to be anemic but do seem to be deficient in B-12 and Folic Acid.  I just need to start taking some multi-vitamins again and that should start looking better.  Overall, a very successful health day.  8-)

Here is some Max feeding for you...what more could we want to know except that God is in Charge?  I don't need anything else to 'dizzy my brain' as Max puts it.   (Applauding God with all my heart!)  8-)

"God Is In Charge

“Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.” Matthew 6:13 RSV 

“Thine is the Kingdom and the power and the glory forever.” What protection this . . . phrase affords. As you confess that God is in charge, you admit that you aren’t. As you proclaim that God has power, you admit that you don’t. And as you give God all the applause, there is none left to dizzy your brain."

By Grace Alone -

-T

2 comments:

  1. Hi Babe...I was hoping you would escape the "family curse" of heart problems. Hopefully they will be able to clear up whatever the problem is. Yes, it is wonderful to know that always, God is in Charge. Loven's you'ns forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa, You are SO great---always so positive! Hope your MUGA scan turns out ok. As you and Max said,'God is in charge.' Love & Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)