Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Things That Change You

So much for weather reports, cat stories, and chemo whining.

Let's talk about things that change you.

Finding salvation in Christ...

Your first kiss...

Your first true love...

The first time you lie... (yeah, everyone lies at some point in their life, whether to protect someone or out of shame or for one of a million other reasons.  It happens and it changes you forever.)

A mother's love...

A father's love...

Extreme Joy...

The first time you are angry...

The first time you are deeply sad...

The death of someone you love...

A best friend...

Going through something difficult and realizing that people care about you...

Yeah...you have changed me, believe it or not.  I've gone through life feeling fairly self-sufficient and God has brought me down to a low point and made me realize that I need people more than myself.  I can't tell you how much your prayers and caring have meant to me...thanks for that change.  8-)

If you feel used in your changing of me, then see what Max says about the God and his use of people.

"God Uses People

I know those I have chosen. John 13:18 
Would you choose a wanted murderer to lead you out of bondage? Would you call upon a fugitive to carry the Ten Commandments? God did . . . Called his name through a burning bush. Scared old Moses right out of his shoes!

The reassuring lesson is clear.  God...uses people to change the world.  People! Not saints or superhumans or geniuses, but people."

By Grace Alone -

-T

3 comments:

  1. And I can see that he will use (and has been using) you. I know the difference you have made in my life and I know that what you have gone through in the last 7 months will make (if not already made) a difference in the lives of others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Babe...Thanks for saying it so well...and thank you for opening up to the rest of us and sharing your feelings with us. Loven' youn's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Sis! John Piper wrote a small book called, "Don't Waste Your Cancer." (He had the credentials to write the book.) I hope you have also learned how much we need you! Blessings! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)