Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Don't Waste Your Life

I'm sitting here waiting for a call from the girl I was telling you about that was just diagnosed with breast cancer.  I pulled out my radiology reports because there was a lot of stuff that I have forgotten. 

She tried to call me earlier but I was in a teleconference and she sent me an email saying the number was no good.  I asked her if she dialed a '1' in front of it because we are considered long distance from everywhere else around here.  Yeah...we're out in the boonies...but I really do loving living out in the middle of nowhere.  They gave us free nationwide calling on our phone because we couldn't call anywhere without it being a long distance.

Carol recommended a book to me this morning that I went out and bought that I think is going to be awesome (I read the first chapter before buying it).  It is called "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper.  Wonder if she is trying to tell me something?  HA!

The girl just called me.  She has been diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma (just like I was) but she is at the stage of trying to decide whether to do a mastectomy or a lumpectomy.  She wants to have both breasts removed and never have to worry about breast cancer again.  Her tumor is .9mm in size which is very small and she won't know the staging until after surgery.  I told her why I decided on a lumpectomy but didn't really discuss the chemotherapy yet.  I told her to call me anytime to discuss the different stages of the cure to the disease as she has questions.  She was not nervous or worried about anything.  I have to wonder if she is still in shock from the diagnosis...but then again...she just might not be a worrier.  Some people have that gift.

Not much else except for work going on here today.  I have to go get the chicken wings ready to turn them into chicken wings Parmesan.  YUM...one of our favorite meals.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day.  8-)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe...I hope you are able to help your friend know what course to take, or at least to let her know she is not alone and without resources. I am so glad that you are making yourself available to help her. I guess I should read that book as well...Maybe Carol will loan me her copy. Will be thinking of you as you get your chemo tomorrow and praying for you and Tom, continually. My day is being posted on my blog in a few minutes (after I write it). Loven' youn's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, I am SO glad that there is someone you can help. I LOVE to read! What's that book about? What time is your chemo tomorrow and how long does it last? You're continually in my prayers, but more often when you're going through something. Does that make sense? Love and Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)