Monday, July 2, 2012

Viva Las Vegas

Yeah, that's not a very original title, but here we are after a grueling 14 hours of travel yesterday to get here. And that was by airplane. Las Vegas...the lights are overwhelming and the differences between this world and our Bible-belt world is just crazy. This morning, I saw this girl checking into the hotel who wasn't wearing enough material in her dress to cover her posterior. There were two guys standing behind her in line openly surveying all they could see. So sad for her. That she would have such low self esteem that she should feel the need to dress like that. We went into Wal-Mart and believe it or not they sell hard liquor in the food section. Now, our Wal-Mart sells wine and beer but no hard liquor like Rum or Whiskey but there it was...Tom and I both dropped our jaws. We quickly picked them (our jaws)up and moved on with getting the few items that we needed to survive for a couple of days. High on the list was some cold medicine since I seem to be sporting a doosy of a cold right now. I feel better after shoving some dayquil down my throat and drinking a bunch of water. We got to BJ's around 8:30 this morning and he lives in North Las Vegas which is like going back into the normal world. We have been thoroughly enjoying our grandson "Roman" who just chatters away at us and entertains us. He has just pulled out the dominoes and asked us if we would like to play with him. I had some really cute pictures of him to upload here but I can't figure out how to load them via my Ipad...I'll try to get them uploaded when I get home. Well, OF COURSE we want to play with him so off we go. More to come... By Grace Alone - Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Babe! How wonderful! I am so glad you all are having a good time. It was great to meet Roman and to see BJ after such a long time. He looks marvelous. Roman is a hoot, too. So much like BJ was at that age. He is adorable!
    Love to all of you... mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the time! Give our love to BJ and his new family.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)