Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Blowing Things Up

Sorry about the format of the blog material lately...Ipads and blogging don't necessarily go so well together...It makes it all look like a run on paragraph... Today we are going to a Atomic Testing Museum. Yeah, I didn't get enough radiation while being treated for breast cancer...let's go see how they came up with the ideas for atomic bombs and radiation. I sent BJ a text message this morning and said we would be around a little later today because I was going to take Tom to some Atomic place and blow him up... LOL. We both slept really wonderfully last night. 10 hours of glorious sleep (we think it was 10 hours...every clock we own says a different time...) I had woken up at some point in the morning and looked at my Ipad and it said 8:45 and I was still so sleepy, so I crawled back in bed...not caring that I was wasting time in bed. The last two days had been so exhausting and Tom was still sleeping so... Well, the time was actually 5:45, so when we woke up a couple hours later and are looking at the time and Tom says it is only 7:45. I'm like...WHAT? It was 8:45 several hours ago. We finally figured out that the Ipad had not done an automatic update of the time since we were in Atlanta (I hadn't turned it on since then) and I HADN'T really gone back in time. (Darn the bad luck...of course, if I'm going to do time travel, I want to travel back a few years, not just a couple of hours...HA!) So, Las Vegas is all flashing lights and huge screens with advertisements everywhere you look. This morning, we were driving to Starbuck's (this is where we are right now) and Tom says, "WOW, that is Walgreen's" and we see a Walgreens store with what had to be a 100ft screen with a running sign that said WALGREENS and nothing else. Don't all these lights seem like a waste of electricity? We see an Outback restaurant shoved into all these buildings with a 100ft coke bottle to the right of the doorway. Now, we might have seen the coke bottle but would we have seen the Outback restaurant if I hadn't just been reading signs outloud? This is one CRAZY town. Well, I need to stop writing and get to living, sightseeing, and visiting more with my family. By Grace Alone - Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time! Glad you found your Starbucks! Priorities, you know! Looking forward to seeing pictures of BJ's Bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Pictures. Pictures. Glad you all had a great time. Love. Mom

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)