Sunday, June 3, 2012

Quilt Finished!

I finished the quilt today!  Whoo whoo.  It turned out really great.  This is only the second quilt I've ever made so perfection wasn't a goal.  8-)

I got to play with some of the quilting stitches on my new machine.  There is a stitch called crazy quilting which was a lot of fun.  I used it around the edge of each of the stars and around the edges of the white squares. 


Tom has been very patient letting me sew and have fun with it.  He seems to enjoy that I am enjoying doing some type of hobby.  That makes me a very lucky woman.  8-)

I've ordered a couple of patterns that should come in this week that will give me something to work on next weekend.  I also have a quilt pattern that is called a pineapple pattern that I may try to make also.  Lots of fun for future sewing.  It is very good to be engaged in living again. 

Here is some Max for today:

"Do I Applaud What Is Right?

The summer before my eighth-grade year I made friends with a guy named Larry. He was new to town, so I encouraged him to go out for our school football team. He could meet some guys, and being a stocky fellow, he might even make the squad. He agreed.

The result was a good news-bad news scenario. The good news? He made the cut. The bad news. He won my position. I was demoted to second string. I tried to be happy for him, but it was tough.

A few weeks into the season Larry fell off a motorcycle and broke a finger. I remember the day he stood at my front door holding up his bandaged hand. “Looks like you’re going to have to play.”

I tried to feel sorry for him, but it was hard. The passage was a lot easier for Paul to write than it was for me to practice. “Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep” (Rom. 12:15 NASB).

You want to plumb the depths of your love for someone? How do you feel when that person succeeds? Do you rejoice? Or are you jealous? And when he or she stumbles? Falls to misfortune? Are you really sorry? Or are you secretly pleased?

Love never celebrates misfortune. Never. I like the way Eugene Peterson translates the passage: “Love. . .doesn’t revel when others grovel, [but] takes pleasure in the flowering of truth” (MSG). J.B. Phillips is equally descriptive: “Love . . .does not gloat over the wickedness of other people. On the contrary, it shares the joy of those who live by the truth.”
You know your love is real when you weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice. You know your love is real when you feel for others what your heavenly Father feels for you. Remember, love “rejoices whenever the truth wins out” (1 Cor. 13:6 NLT).


Excerpted from A Love Worth Giving
W Publishing, 2002"

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks great, Babe! The colors really go perfect in your room! I just had a hour and a half nap. Ha. Thanks for the Max. Loven' youn's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! Good job...I've never done a quilt...I'm really impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol...you would be really good at quilting. You are very good with the details. Some quilts (like this one) are very detailed which I enjoyed a lot. Mom doesn't enjoy the detail stuff but as we all know, her quilts are awesome too. I'm just trying to carry on the tradition of our mother and grandmother. It is a good thing to pass on to our children. As long as they can make quilts, they'll never be cold. 8-)

    Mom...yeah, I thought it was interesting that something you bought (the quilt kit) 20 + years ago, matched my living room today.

    Love you both bunches...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the confidence....I seemed to have gotten more the sewing gene. I passed on the sewing thing to Emily for sure! Maybe I'll quilt when I get old. Er. Older. :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)