Monday, July 25, 2011

Mr. Shingles and Mr. Multi

I have to admit...I had a very bad weekend.  My old friend 'Mr. Shingles' came back to visit me this last week and a spot on my arm that Tom and I had been watching turned from brown to red, brown, and black.  It fits all of the ABCD categories of skin cancer.  (Asymmetry - one half is different than the other half, Border is irregular, color is uneven, and diameter is greater than 6 millimeters.)  I called my doctor this morning and he wants me to come see him Friday afternoon.  There are also two other small spots that are new and about an inch away from the bigger one. 

I spent most of the weekend moaning over the headache/neck ache (which are always a precursor to the arrival of Mr. Shingles) and whining over my itching back.  I went ahead and started some medicine to battle the shingles and went into 'survival' mode.  After 36 hours of medicine and resting, my headache is better and I have some relief from the neck ache. 

Here is a picture of this new addition to my arm...I've named it "Mr. Multi" because it has so many colors to it.  I never realized how hard it is to take a picture of that side of your arm.  lol.


I also found out this morning that if you've had breast cancer then your chances of getting melanoma are greater and vice-versa.  Article at http://www.skincancer.org/melanoma-and-breast-cancer-a-new-warning.html#.Ti230gnhW1Y.google.  I did not know that before now.  Wow...lucky me.

The good news is that even if it is malignant then we've caught it very very early. 

So here I am in the middle of a storm again but I really don't feel stressed and it is probably because of all the prayers that come my way.   (I thank you ALL for that)

According to Max, even from Jesus...Here is a little Max that is fitting for today.

"We Row

By Max Lucado

"He went into the hills to pray.”  Mark 6:46

What does Jesus do while we are in the storm? You’ll love this. He prays for us . . .
So where does that leave us? While Jesus is praying and we are in the storm, what are we to do? Simple. We do what the disciples did. We row . . .

Much of life is spent rowing . . . Getting out of bed. Fixing lunches . . . More struggle than strut."

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Babe, I feel so bad for you (and Tom)and I pray for you both... Mr Shingles is one bad dude, and Multi ain't no better either... Glad you are on top of the situation and dealing with it. Loven' youn's forever. Mom Thanks for the Max, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sorry to read you had Shingles again! AND Mr. Multi! Praying for you in the midst of your storm! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll start wearing sun screen.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa, SO SORRY to read about Mr.Shingles & Mr. Multi. Wasn't today your first mammogram? Today's Wednesday, July 27. Or did you decide to let that go since the other 2 things came up? Hope you're feeling better by now. You'll be on our prayer list. Great Max. Love ya all! Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear...funny story, that one...

    I was so sure that my mammogram was on the 27th that I didn't look at my appointment program until this weekend. The mammogram was scheduled for the 20th of July (My dental was June 27th which is why I got confused). Ugh...o me.

    So, when I go to the Dr. on Friday I will ask him to reschedule the mammogram. It was probably totatlly a psychological miss on that date. I had been dreading it for the last month. So embarrassed that you remembered the date (and so amazed...lol). I wasn't going to tell that story but since you caught me...lol...now you have the rest of the story.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. UH OH! Did I goof by mentioning it? I'm sorry. I'm just so very concerned about you.
    Are Mr. Multi & Mr. Shingles better by now?
    Praying for you. Love ya all!
    Love, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr. Shingles is receding back into his hidden hole until he decides to strike again. I will be seeing my Oncologist tomorrow afternoon to discuss Mr. Multi. 8-) He remains the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What did your Oncologist say today about Mr. Multi? Been praying for you.
    Love ya all and God Bless, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will try to blog later today and fill you in on what the doctor said.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)