Friday, July 8, 2011

Home Again...YEAH!!!

Vacations are a time of renewal of spirit and body.   Well, maybe not so much body except that I am so tired at night that I am sleeping really well.  8-)  Vacations make you appreciate the creature comforts of home and make you glad to be there again.

We had a wonderful dinner with Sharyn, Sherman, and Dustin at Texas Roadhouse on Wednesday night and then went back to the hotel and packed in preparation for heading out on Thursday.  Sharyn had a sonogram scheduled for Thursday morning so we met them at the hospital prior to heading out to be with her in case it wasn't good news.  It was all good news and we spent a few minutes praising God before heading back home.

On the way home we stopped in Glendale and went into a few antique stores and then headed down to Bowling Green to check out the Lost Caves.  They had a really nice souvenir store and I found a necklace, some earrings and a really cute rock tree for the mantel.  Mom has one of these and I always thought it was cute. 


We are already in the throws of laundry and fixing things.  As you can see below, my handy man is being very handy cleaning out the lint filter. 


I guess we'll head out and get some groceries in a little bit and a new air duct.  This one is made out of aluminum and very rigid (why they would make a dryer hose like that I cannot figure...) so we are going to look for a more flexible hose when we're out and about later today.

Here is a word from Max about our temporary housing here on earth...

"Our Forever House

By Max Lucado

“I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” Psalm 23:6, NKJV

Where will you live forever? In the house of the Lord. If his house is your “forever house,” what does that make this earthly house? You got it! Short term housing. This is not our home.

This explains the homesickness we feel . . . Deep down you know you are not home yet. So be careful not to act like you are."

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Babe,another great post..I am so glad you all are back home safely, and I know you will probably be resting this afternoon. I'm glad too that you are sleeping well at night. When I saw the pic of the rock tree, I thought "I've got one of those." Happy you have one too. I bought mine in Brazil, I think. Mine came loose from the rock it was on and I had to glue it back on somehow.
    The rock which mine was on was not smooth like yours.

    Hope you have a good time out shopping this afternoon, loven' yooun's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa!
    SO GLAD you & Tom made it home safely! It was sure GREAT to see my favorite brother & my favorite sis-in-law again!
    Thank you for being with me at the hospital Thursday morning to share my GREAT news!
    PRAISE THE LORD!!!
    I LOVE your rock tree!
    Love the picture of my handy man brother!

    Love ya all! Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still trying to leave comments...for about 2 weeks now!

    I'd like the recipe for the angel food cake...looked yummy!

    Loved how much fun you had on your trip...and how refreshed you looked!

    SO glad you got to see Sharyn and family. They look sweet. I can't imagine not calling ahead to Don's...I'd spend the whole trip worrying that they had just left town, and if I'd only have called them ahead of time! :-)

    I'll have to look to see Mom's rock tree...I don't remember it.

    Love you! (Let's hope this works!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It worked! MOm was right...she told me if I'd use Mozilla it would probably work! Go, Mom the techie!

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)