Sunday, August 12, 2012

Enjoying the Son...

We have really been enjoying having BJ around the last few weeks.  He has gotten into our rhythm and even cooked a few meals for us, on top of helping with the yard and the house cleaning.  It really has been a blessing to have him around.  We all laugh at Triton (the dog) who has adopted me as his plaything.  (literally)  Triton loves the big yard to romp around in too as long as it is cool and shady from the trees in the evening.  I tried to get him out with us when Tom was cleaning out his shed but he just sat on the porch and watched us.  No hot sun for that pup...lol. 

Madora and Roman are still in Texas with her mother.  Her mother has had a couple of surgeries in the last week (One of them to put in a tracheotomy and the other one I am not sure of.)  I haven't wanted to bug her with a bunch of text messages because she is stressed enough without having to tell the same stories more than once so I ask BJ what is going on.  I'll get the full scoop when she gets back into town sometime this week.

I've been busy the last few weeks with sewing.  I made a quilt runner for my sewing maching table top so that if Roman gets inventive with running his cars across furniture, it will be protected.  I'd much rather protect stuff than fuss at him for doing every little thing.  I was just going to do a solid piece of fabric and quilt it but it just wasn't in me to go so simple.  HA!  That would have been too boring.  Here are some pictures of the runner. 




Here are some pictures of BJ and Triton trying to eat BJ's pizza.  For some reason, Triton thought it would be fun to crawl in BJ's pocket.


"Maybe if I crawl into his pants, he won't notice me and some food will drop down here?"


"Maybe if  go under the tunnel, I can get to the food?"

I have also finished the next (and hopefully last) request from Clifford.  He originally wanted another memory quilt with all the kid's names on it along with their spouses but honestly, I am quite sick of making that memory quilt (for now anyway) so I made him a shadow box that came out really well.  I found the pattern online at the Embroidery Library.  Mom and I found it while we were chatting yesterday. 


Here is a little Max for today:

Heaven is Your Home

By Max Lucado

The dread of death ends when you know heaven is your true home! In all my air travels I’ve never seen one passenger weep when the plan landed. Never.

No one clings to the armrests and begs, “Don’t’ make me leave! Let me stay and eat more peanuts!” We’re willing to exit because the plane has no permanent mailing address.

Nor does this world.

Paul said in Philippians 3:20: “But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for Him to return as our Savior.”

What about you? Is your fear of dying robbing your joy of living?

Romans 14:9 says, “Christ died and rose again for this very purpose, so that he might be Lord of those who are alive and of those who have died.”

In Christ, heaven is your home!

By Grace Alone -

Teresa


4 comments:

  1. Hi, Babe,
    Great job! You did really well, and I know Clifford is going to love it! Just got offline with Allie B. I am going to visit them in first week of October..:) I have never been to California and now I have a chance to do so. Yay! As always I enjoyed chatting with you on Saturday. Thanks for the Max.. Lovin' youn's forever. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're having fun with BJ. I bet it also makes his heart happy to have time with you, and to see you doing so well.

    Cute dog! What brand is he? :-)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom...what fun! You will like California. It's a great place to visit.

    Carol...it is a chihuahua (If I am spelling that right). He follows me everywhere I go and licks me all the time. I must be tasty...HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What part of Texas are Roman and Madora in? I'd love to meet them. Anything they need?

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)