Sunday, June 17, 2012

Shadow Helped!!

Shadow, Tom, and I worked very hard to get Clifford's memory quilt completed.  Tom was bored some of the time so he took pictures of Shadow helping me on his phone.







 Wow, that is some MOUTH she has on her.  Here is Tom holding the final product. (He really isn't headless, he was trying not to be seen in the picture.)  We all finally got it finished.



Now don't look at it too closely because it has a few (ahem) 'character' imperfections but overall I think Shadow, Tom and I did a pretty good job for Clifford.  (Tom helped me pick out the design on top of her name and was my cheering section through the entire process) 

Well, like Jed Bartlett was known for saying in West Wing "What's Next?".  We were talking about maybe making one similar for Myranda (our daughter who died of Cystic Fibrosis in 2007). I know just the place I want to put that memory quilt too. 8-) 

Here is a little Max for today:

"Dread of Death

by Max Lucado

Dread of death ends when you know heaven is your true home!

In all my air travels I’ve never seen one passenger weep when the plane landed. Never! No one clings to the armrests and begs, “Don’t make me leave. Let me stay and eat more peanuts!” We’re willing to exit the plan because the plane has no permanent mailing address.

Nor does the world. Philippians 3:20 says, “We are citizens of heaven where the Lord Jesus Christ lives.”

Why don’t you do this? Give God your death. Imagine your last breath, envision your final moments. And offer them to him. Deliberately. Regularly.

My personal prayer has become, “Lord, I receive your work on the cross and in your resurrection. I entrust you with my departure from earth.”

With Christ as your friend and heaven as your home, the day of death becomes sweeter than the day of birth!"

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

3 comments:

  1. The memory quilt turned out beautiful! Where will you hang the one in memory of Myranda? Shadow looks like good help....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Babe! It looks really great! I know Clifford will be very happy with it. You are so thoughtful. Tom and Shadow turned out to be really good helpers, too. :)
    Thanks for the Max, and for spending some time with me on Saturday. Loven' youn's forever. Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carol - there is this spot to the left of Tom's recliner in the living room that I think would be good for it, if it is big enough (the spot, not the wall hanging).

    Hey Mom - Clifford was so happy with it that he wants me to make one for his wedding date. He says 'you know what women like, figure out something to say on it too'...lol. I think he wants to wow his wife with it. Sweet guy. He said he hoped he wasn't being greedy. I told him if he paid for the materials to make it that I would be happy to do it.

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)