Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Perspective...

I stand back every once in a while and try to put life into perspective. 

I need for nothing.
I want for nothing.
I am thankful for all things that God has provided me.
I stand amazed at His Grace and Love for me.
I stand amazed that He saw fit to provide me with such a loving and caring husband.
I stand amazed that He saw fit to create me into such a loving and supportive family.
I stand amazed that He put me into such a perfect job for my abilities and personality.
I stand amazed that He allowed me to be a Survivor of Cancer.

Well, you get the idea.  Much to be thankful for this year...

Tomorrow is my knee surgery.  Should be a simple procedure.  It will be done Orthoscopically.  Two to three small holes according to the Dr.  Then crutches for a few days and physical therapy starts two days after the surgery. 

We got the roof onto the gazebo this weekend.  Tom and Tom (Next door neighbor, Tom) put up the heavy part of the roof while I got my hair and nails done and then Tom and I put the metal part of the roof and the Cupola on top of the wooden part.  It took us about 6 hours to get the roof metalled. (As opposed to shingled...ha!).   Here are some pictures from last weekend's work.


It was pretty terrifying for me to watch Tom up there on the roof.  I thought for sure, at some points, that he was going to slide off and break his widdle neck.  He has absolutely no fear of heights though and he was like a monkey all over the roof.  I am always in awe of his ability to climb on things that are over 6 inches from the ground.  (That is about my limit for being fearless in climbing.)  We still have the screens, door, and ceiling to put on it.  We'll probably work on that after my knee heals a bit.  Compared to the roof...those should be no big deal.  As you can see from the pictures, fall is in full force right now...the wind was blowing quite a bit this weekend and the leaves were flying all over.  It reminded me of fall at my grandparents when I was growing up and the oak leaves would be all over the ground.

Max has a very good point today...talk about perspective!

"Contentment

By Max Lucado

I have learned to be satisfied with the things I have and with everything that happens.  Philippians 4:11

What if God’s only gift to you were his grace to save you? Would you be content? You beg him to save the life of your child. You plead with him to keep your business afloat. You implore him to remove the cancer from your body. What if his answer is, “My grace is enough.” Would you be content?

From heaven’s perspective, grace is enough. If God did nothing more than save us from hell, could anyone complain?

Having been given eternal life, dare we grumble at an aching body? Having been given heavenly riches, dare we moan about what we don’t have?"

Amen and amen...

By Grace Alone -

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Contented is my favorite thing to be! The gazebo looks GREAT! I'm a six-inch-off the ground person myself, too! Love you! We'll be praying for a good surgery and recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Babe...yes, great post...I, too, am quite content and have been so for quite some time. It is a wonderful place to be! I used to tell your daddy Dub that we have a bed to sleep in, a roof over our heads, food to eat and clothes to wear, so we should not be concerned with winning a sweepstakes or having a valuable collection of anything
    Say, I don't feel comfortable any distance off the ground either...must run in our family. Ha ha. the gazebo looks great! Loven youn's forever. Mam

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)