Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Time for Everything

Solomon asked God for Wisdom and was given his request.   Every time I read Ecclesiastes, I always remember that ignorance is bliss.  It didn't seem that Solomon was always happy about what he learned through his wisdom.  It opened up to him his own failings in his life.  Much like parents try to forwarn their children of possible pitfalls in their lives, he tries to teach us in this book how to avoid those pitfalls.  He makes it sound tremendously easy.  "Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.  For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil."  (Ecclesiastes 12: 13, 14 LAB)  Wow...sounds so simple but it is so amazingly difficult.  Get thee behind me sinful nature.  8-)

Ecclesiastes has always been one of my favorite books in the bible.  Over and over, Solomon tells us that toiling is meaningless throughout these scriptures.  Only pleasing God will satisfy man (or woman).  He also tells us that there is a time for everything...

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1 KJV)

The time for this blog is over.  This season has passed.  It has been a wonderful therapeutic tool.  During my time of tears and frustration, God provided this as an outlet to help me deal emotionally with all that transpired through the cancer removing process. 

You have ALL been wonderful listeners, encouragers, and sympathizers.  I could not have asked for a more supporting audience.  I didn't start it wanting an audience, but you all became very important to my healing process.  God knew what I needed and provided it.

It is now time to move on with my life and put this portion of it behind me.  I know that I am not considered to be in remission yet, but I am not going to worry over what the future might hold but am going to go out there and live it now and hopefully glorify God in the process. Through God's Grace, I am a survivor.

May you all find God and the peace that follows in your daily lives.  8-)

By Grace Alone -

- T

6 comments:

  1. I, for one, will miss reading this blog. Sure, I have been here through the trials, pains, worries, wonders, surprises, hopeful moments, and all the rest right along with you, but that does not mean I always knew what was on your mind. Reading your blog gave me as much insight as just about anyone else who may have read it. This has not been a journey that I would have wanted you (or anyone) to take, but I am glad that is was a journey that you did not have to travel alone. We have no idea what the future will bring, but I believe He will give us the strength to see it through. I Love You, Babe... Thanks for letting me travel with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Lord bless youand keep you. May His face shine upon you, and give you peace.

    Thanks for the blog. It has been a bigger blessing to me than you can ever imagine, and I could never put into words how much I love you and how much you mean to me. How precious that you did not with hold this prilege from us! Love you, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Babe...so much is in my heart as I read this, and somehow I knew you would be closing out your blog, and I am going to miss it dreadfully. Thank you so very much for sharing with all of us who love you so greatly, and for letting us make the journey with you. It has given us all a precious look inside your heart as we traveled along with you. God has blessed us all with your insights into your feelings and trials. I have always appreciated Tom, but this gave me an even deeper appreciation of how very much he loves you. He is a true "help-mate" and I thank you, Tom, so very much.
    Loven' you'ns forever. Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss this blog. It has helped me to get to know you,my favorite sister-in-law, better & I hope I've helped in the tiniest way, the short time I've known about everything. It does sound like my brother is truly an amazing person. I've even gotten to know your sister & your mom & what great people you have behind you. May God Bless you & Tom & may we keep in touch forever. Love and Prayers, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will miss you so very much. We have said prayers for you many times throughout your sickness and will continue to do so. You would be an inspiration to anyone, with your positive attitude even though you was so sick. Love your Mom's blog and miss her when she doesn't write. But seems she is like myself doing too much farming. God bless you always! Treva Yeary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes,I to will miss your blogs.You are an amazing lady,I would hope I could have your courage if I was faced with something like this.God bless you and Tom as you continue on this journey.As I continue to read your Mom's blog,I hope for a update now and then.Been a joy to get to know your Mom.Love and peace/

    ReplyDelete

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to leave a message. 8-)